Panther Press

Filed under Briefs, Showcase

Oak Cupcake War

Valentine+themed+cupcakes+are+lined+up+and+ready+to+get+a+bite+taken+out+of+them+by+the+judges.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Oak Cupcake War

Valentine themed cupcakes are lined up and ready to get a bite taken out of them by the judges.

Alessandra Esquivel

Alessandra Esquivel

Alessandra Esquivel

Oak Baking Club hosted a Cupcake Wars competition on Feb. 11 after school for the Baking Club members’ February social gathering. Students formed their own teams consisting of two to four members.

Teams were then able to get creative and choose their own flavor of cupcake they wanted to bake and the flavor of frosting to go along with a Valentine’s theme from the available options.

To keep a level playing field, flavors of cupcakes and frostings were limited to vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet cupcakes and only buttercream or chocolate frosting. Themes were given to teams at random. Some teams included, X’s and O’s, flowers, Hershey’s Kisses and Hearts.

Bakers were given a time limit of one hour and forty-five minutes to bake and decorate their six cupcakes to present to the judges on Feb. 12 during Panther Den.

Judges were chosen by the Baking Club sponsor Jill Groves. They were faculty members Kathy Dorris, Dolly Gonzales, Anjanette Boston, Jill Reed, and Chaeyik Jung.

The members in the winning team, Peppa Pig, each received five-dollar gift cards to fast food places such as Chick-fil-a, Whataburger, Cane’s and Starbucks. Second and third place teams, Love Birdies and Rainbow Dash, collected a bag of assorted Valentine’s Day candies for their achievement.

“Baking wars was a huge success. All seven teams’ end results were amazing and the judges loved all of them,” senior Baking Club President Falak Farhan said. “We wanted to add a fun twist to Baking Club where members could put their creativity and baking skills to the test. All the officers are huge fan of baking shows, we were able to draw some inspiration and have a successful Baking Wars.”

• Brief

Tommy Tunes Awards

• Brief

FCCLA Members Win Top Regional Awards

• Oak Cupcake War

Briefs

New Scoring Standard for Cheer Tryouts in Place

• Oak Cupcake War

Briefs

Real-World Issues Addressed By Model UN Members

• Oak Cupcake War

Brief

It’s Our Business

• Briefs

AFJROTC Spirit Night

• Oak Cupcake War

Briefs

Write On!

• Briefs

Government Shutdown: Looking Back

• Oak Cupcake War

Briefs

Uplifting Athletes

• Oak Cupcake War

Briefs

StuCo Takes on Disney

The student news site of Klein Oak High School
Oak Cupcake War