Panther Press

Filed under News

Theater Advances from Districts

Back to Article
Back to Article

Theater Advances from Districts

The theatre department’s UIL show won first place in the district 6A competition on March 9 at Klein High School, moving on to place fourth in bi-districts last weekend.

“It feels so good to take home first place after so much hard work,” senior Carter Wiegand said. “We were disappointed to not move on after bi-districts but we’re still the best ranked show in the Klein district so we’re pretty proud.”

Their show, The American Clock, takes place in the depression and has a 15 member cast with a 10 member crew. It’s been in the works for three months, with rehearsals after school for more than 12 hours a week in preparation.

“We were realizing how stressful opening the show would be if we didn’t have enough rehearsal time,” junior Ethan Perez said. “But as we worked more, we got to grow closer as a cast and become a better team.”

This win breaks a losing streak for the department, who has struggled to move on from districts for 11 years.

“It feels so good to finally move on this year and make our director proud,” supporting role Josh Weatherhead said. “All the hard work we put in finally paid off.”

Aside from placing first in districts, the department took home multiple honorary awards for specific cast and crew members.

“I was shocked when I won best technician for Klein Oak at our UIL competition,” senior Taylor Schiel said. “I worked really hard and, with the help of my theatre family, I had a successful run as stage manager. I feel very accomplished.”

With the UIL competition being the last show theatre will be performing this year, the year is ending on a positive note for the department.

“Being a senior, this is my last time performing with my theatre family,” Weatherhead said. “I couldn’t have asked for a better way to close out the year.”

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

Two Man Dream

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

It’s All Academic

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

Football Program Honors Biggest Fans

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

‘Water’ We Up To?

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

The Debate Continues

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

STAAR Debate Heats Up

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

All I Do Is Wynne

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

Klein Oak Memes

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

Admin Struggles To End Vaping

• Theater Advances from Districts

News

National Signing Day

The student news site of Klein Oak High School
Theater Advances from Districts