Panther Press

Filed under Showcase, Sports

Liz Scott Commits To OU

Oliver Media Group

Oliver Media Group

On Sept. 11, 2018 varsity basketball player Liz Scott followed her dream and committed to University of Oklahoma after lots of thought and consideration.

Since she was five-years old, basketball has been Liz Scott’s passion. At the age of seven, she started playing competitively, then, through her efforts, she began gaining attention from colleges while still at Krimmel Intermediate.

“I started receiving my first offers in my 8th grade year [University of North Texas],” Scott said.

Once the calls started coming in, they did not stop for Scott as her talent progressed throughout high school.

“I have received offers from colleges in the SEC [Southeastern Conference], [and the] Big 12 such as University of North Texas, Texas A&M, and University of Missouri,” Scott said.

Even though all these colleges sounded like viable options for Scott, she committed to the University of Oklahoma.

“When I went to OU I fell in love with the campus, coaches and players, which is exactly what I wanted in a college,” Scott said.

Scott added that she could not have gotten where she is now without the support of God, her coaches, her family, and friends.

“I want to thank God for giving me this amazing opportunity to play the game I love at the next level. I want to thank my parents for the time and money they invested in me. I want to thank Coach Ray with SA Finest, Coach [Adrianna] Bendick with Klein Oak Panthers and all my trainers for molding me into the player I am today,” Scott said in a tweet.

Scott wants to major in psychology and is currently mentally and physically preparing for the future. She also discussed her plans of playing overseas or in the women’s NBA, or she may even consider coaching on a college level.

“[I am] honored and blessed to say I will be committing to Coach Coale at the University of Oklahoma,” Scott said in a tweet.

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

Sports

Duel in the Pool

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

News

Carnival Caps Homecoming Week

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

News

Showcasing Visual Arts

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

Features

Atypical Olympians

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

Features

Don’t Say It!

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

Features

GSA Supports Pride

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

Opinion

Fear Washes Over Night Riders

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

Sports

Panthers Clinch Playoff Birth

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

Features

Check Yes Or No

• Liz Scott Commits To OU

News

Dream Schools Expecting Early Decisions

The student news site of Klein Oak High School
Liz Scott Commits To OU