Panther Press

Filed under Features, Showcase

HOSA Rockets To Future

Back to Article
Back to Article

HOSA Rockets To Future

Elizabeth Lee

Elizabeth Lee

Elizabeth Lee

With hard work comes great reward. Health Occupations Students of America, HOSA, the club of students that promote health care through different activities, recently took a trip on Nov. 28 to a Rockets game for a day of fun and learning experience.

“The hopes are that this will help students stay motivated and stay in the medical pathway,” sponsor Elizabeth Lee said.

The exciting event allowed HOSA members from different schools in the Houston area to hear speeches from people who work in the medical field.

“I learned from the motivational speakers that no matter how long it takes you to find what you love to do, it’ll all be worth it in the end,” senior Tenia Colenburg said.

When the guest speakers were done talking, every member from every HOSA club received a chance to go on the basketball court and make a basket. It was a unique and memorable moment that allowed the students to feel like the famous players.

“Being on the court was actually really cool and a huge honor,” senior Stephanie Frey said. “I am glad that they let us, a simple HOSA team, do something that was so amazing.”

Along with the educational speakers, basketball game, and dinner, the members also got to shop around at the upscale, three story mall. It was an exciting experience and the guest speakers also had a positive impact on some of the HOSA members.

“My favorite part was going to the Galleria mall,” senior Caitlyn Johnson said. “Who wouldn’t want to go to the mall?”

Being in the medical field could be tough for some and receiving advice from guest speakers who know all about it could really help. Although the Rockets took a hard loss, HOSA members didn’t let it affect their drive to have a good time at the game along with their fellow HOSA friends.

“Overall, the game, the mall, and the road trip were amazing,” senior Mitchell Soundara said. “It’s something I would do again.”

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Entertainment

Trendy Teens

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

Strutters Spring Into Contest Season

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

King for a Day

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

Sweet Sweets Addiction

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

Going Once, Going Twice, Sold!

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

Global Backpacker

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

StuCo Spreads Holiday Cheer

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

Debate Stampedes Competition

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

Hanukkah Lights Up December

• HOSA Rockets To Future

Features

Final Countdown

The student news site of Klein Oak High School
HOSA Rockets To Future